Each one of those boxes started out like this, plain and simple. I bought them in a pack of six at Jo-Ann Fabrics and with my 40% off coupon each box came out to about 40 cents a piece.
Next, I applied the paper to the box with a thin layer of Mod Podge.
After allowing a moment to dry, I brushed some Mod Podge on top of the paper. It will go on white but dies clear and provodes a protective seal.
1. Cut out 10 scalloped circles from a book (or a newspaper, scrapbook paper, magazine...)
2. Gather all the circles and use a 1/16" punch to make a hole in the center.
3. Attach a brad (the color doesn't matter because you won't be seeing it in the end result)
4. Layer by layer, scrunch up each circle
5. Now just fluff out the flower and voila!